Frankie And Johnny, Elvis Presley's 20th movie, was another themed musical, this time taking on the flavour of the Mississippi showboat era. This release of the movie soundtrack by FTD in their Special Edition Movie Soundtrack series features improved re-mastering of both the original LP and the bonus alternate takes and much more....
The Frankie And Johnny movie soundtrack will be re-released when FTD 'have made the neccessary corrections'. This will be 'probably in September/October'. This is released in the FTD Special Edition Movie Soundtrack series featuring improved re-mastering of both the original LP and the bonus alternate takes. The CD itself contains both previously released and previously unreleased outtakes. It is a standard CD but housed in a deluxe 7" (17.5 cm) triple-fold-out package.
It is a standard CD but housed in a deluxe 7" (17.5 cm) (like a single or EP) triple-fold-out package. It includes a 12 page booklet with information, including photos and images of related memorabilia and 'Behind the Scenes' facts, 'In And Outtake' and 'Off Camera' pages. You can view samples of these from the Girl Happy release here. 'Frankie And Johnny', backed with the albums standout track, 'Please Don't Stop Loving Me' was released as the single in March 1966 making #25 in the charts. While the LP made it to No. 20 on the Billboard albums chart.
Frankie And Johnny : Elvis Presley Soundtrack CD
01. Frankie And Johnny
02. Come Along
03. Petunia, The Gardener's Daughter
05. What Every Woman Lives For
06. Look Out, Broadway
07. Beginner's Luck
08. Down By The Riverside / When The Saints Go Marching In
09. Shout It Out
10. Hard Luck
11. Please Don't Stop Loving Me
12. Everybody Come Aboard
Plus the alternate takes
13) Frankie And Johnny – take 1 2:55 (Gottlieb/Karger/Weisman) 14) Please Don’t Stop Loving Me –take 10 2:13 (Joy Byers) 15) Everybody Come Aboard takes 1 & 2 2:42 (Giant/Baum/Kaye) 16) Chesay - take 1 1:58 (Karger/Weisman/Wayne) 17) Petunia, The Gardeners Daughter- take 2 2:53 (Tepper/Bennett) 18) Look Out, Broadway takes 3-4-5 2:22 (Wise/Starr) 19) Please Don’t Stop Loving Me –takes 1,2,3 3:00 (Joy Byers) 20) Shout It Out - takes 1,2,3 3:31 (Giant/Baum/Kaye) 21) Everybody Come Aboard - takes 9,10 2:09 (Giant/Baum/Kaye) 22) Chesay - takes 3 & 6 3:16 (Karger/Weisman/Wayne) 23) Look Out, Broadway - takes 6,7,8 2:13 (Wise/Starr) 24) Petunia, The Gardeners Daughter - take 5 3:23 (Tepper/Bennett) 25) Please Don’t Stop Loving Me –take 7 2:10 (Joy Byers) 26) Frankie And Johnny –takes 3&4-Record version 2:45 (Gottlieb/Karger/Weisman) 27) Frankie And Johnny – Movie version 7:01 (Gottlieb/Karger/Weisman)
Read our Frankie & Johnny CD Review
Check out our other reviews of ...
From the movie Frankie And Johnny